Thursday, February 19, 2015

Sausage & Potato Soup

This soup was really good and filling, I got the orginal recipe off of Mix & Match Mama's food blog. I just tweeked it a bit for my taste.
Enjoy!
 
 
What you Need:

1 pound of sausage links, sliced (I used Eckrich)

                                                                  1 onion, chopped

5-7 Red skin potatoes, quartered

3 cups chicken Broth or Stock

1 can cream corn

1/4 cup milk

1 cup cheese, shredded (plus a little more for garnish)

Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder (S&P)

Directions:

In your crock pot, place the sausage, onion and potatoes. Pour your broth/stock on top. Add your seasonings.
Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4 hours. Stirring occasionally

 
About 30 minutes before you're ready to serve, remove the lid and stir in your creamed corn, milk and cheese. Cover and continue to cook another 30 minutes on high.


When you're ready to serve, put soup into bowls and add a little more cheese on top.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love a good sausage and potato soup. We have one at least once a month when it's cold outside.I'll have to try your recipe. I've never thought about doing one with a creamy corn base, sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really good and the corn added a bit of sweetness.

    ReplyDelete