Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Last Foodie Blog

I will be doing my Recipes going forward over on my main blog The Williams Family. You can read more about why here.


I found the original recipe on Paula Deens website and just tweaked it a little bit.
This would make a easy weeknight dinner, so this is my version below.
It will not disappoint!!

Sausage and Rice Casserole

What You Need:
2 Cups of White Rice (I used 2 1/2 cups)

1 pound Breakfast Sausage (I used Owens)

1 small yellow onions, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup

4 tbsp {1/2 stick} butter/ margarine (melted-I used 5 tbsp)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350-400 degrees
Cook rice according to directions (Boil water add rice until desired tenderness)
In a skillet over medium/high heat, cook sausage until done & drain.
Combine all ingredients EXCEPT butter & pour into casserole dish. Melt butter and pour evenly over top of mixture.
Bake until bubbly, about 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment