Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Cornbread Chili Casserole

 I found the original recipe over at Mommy's Kitchen. And, of course I tweaked it to my liking and it turned out great. I totally forgot to take pictures while I was preparing this, so I only got a few pictures of it once I took it out the oven.




Cornbread Chili Casserole

1 lb. ground Turkey, browned, (drained)
½ cup chopped onion
1 can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
2 (15 oz) cans of Beans of your Choice (I used Ranch Style and Kidney Beans (drained the kidney beans)
approx ½ - tsp. Garlic powder
approx 3 - tsp. chili powder (I suggest you season to your liking)
approx ½ - tsp. garlic salt
salt & pepper
1 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup or a little less, additional cheddar cheese for batter (optional)
2 - packages Jiffy Corn Muffin

Mix Brown turkey meat with onion and season. Add Tomatoes, Beans and additional seasonings (opt.)
Simmer for 15 minutes.

Put into greased 9x13 pan and sprinkle cheese on top of meat. Mix corn bread mix according to box directions. (I added some cheese in the corn muffin mix before pouring it on top)

Pour corn muffin mix on top of the chili and cheese cover completely. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown.




No comments:

Post a Comment