Saturday, December 20, 2014

Mexican Chicken Bake

This recipe was full of deliciousness, my whole family enjoyed it. It is fairly quick and easy to make-I found the original recipe over on Six Sisters Stuff, they called theirs Texas Ranch Chicken. For my recipe I just tweaked it a bit and made it my own.
 Only thing is the chicken I boil, season and shred my own chicken so that does take a bit of time. But, you could easily prep the chicken before hand or just do what I do. It's worth it, because the flavor is so much better when you boil it and season the chicken.



What You Need:
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 green pepper, diced (opt.)
  • 1 red pepper, diced
  • 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (season w/ garlic powder, salt/pepper ect)
  • 1 can cream of celery soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can Rotel, undrained
  • 1 Tablespoon chili powder
  • 12 Flour tortillas, cut into 1-inch long strips
  • 2 cups shredded Cheese (Colby/ Monterrey)
 
Directions:
 
1. Preheat oven to 350-400 degrees
 
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onion, peppers in oil until tender. Add garlic and saute for a few more minutes. Stir in chicken, soups, Rotel, and chili powder
 
3. Line your baking pan with half of the tortilla strips. Top with half of the chicken mixture and 1 cup of cheese, then Repeat layers
 
4. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment