Monday, December 1, 2014

Frito Pie Bake

This was the perfect Saturday dinner for my family this past weekend. It was good and easy to make, and just right for a Saturday meal. Of course everyone already knows how to make Frito pie, but when I came across the original recipe over at Pearls, Handcuffs and Happy Hour (cute name huh?) it stood out to me because it included beans and required baking. I must say that next time I make this I won't bake the chips with it, something about that texture I didn't care for but the meat mixture was delicious both of my girls loved it, so next time I will just pour the meat mixture over the chips. I made it with ground Turkey instead of ground Beef, so if your using beef be sure to drain your meat.




Frito Pie Bake

1 lb. lean ground  Turkey (or beef)

1 can pinto beans

1 can tomato sauce

1 can diced tomatoes

1 pkg. taco seasoning {I used McCormick’s}

1 cup shredded cheese

3 1/2 cups Frito's

1 1/4 cups sour cream


First brown the meat (drain it if using beef), return it to the pan, and stir in the beans, tomato sauce, taco seasoning, and 1/4 (I used a hand full) cup of the cheese.
 
 
Sprinkle 1 cup of the Frito’s on the bottom of a well greased 8x8 baking dish.
 
Cover the Frito’s with the meat mixture.
 
Bake at 350-400 for about 20 minutes and remove from oven. Now spread the sour cream over the meat mix and top with the remaining Frito’s and cheese.
 
Return to oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes.  Cover with foil and return to bake. The cheese will get a little crispy on top of the Frito’s if you don't cover it- Bake, and remove! I topped ours with Sour Cream, Salsa and Jalapenos and a side dish of corn .
 
Step By Step:
 
What you will need
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment