Thursday, November 20, 2014

Simple Tilapia

My house is a lover of seafood and we all love fish. But, we normally only cook it one of 3 ways. So I'm always searching the net to find new ways to cook fish. I found this original recipe over at Pearls, Handcuffs and Happy Hour & its one of  Paula Deens original recipes . Its very simple and the ingredients are all things I had on hand, I did tweak the recipe just a bit to my families taste.


Ingredients:
 
4-6 tilapia fillets

Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder to taste (lightly)

1 cup chopped onions

1 green {or red} bell pepper, chopped

1 stick butter, melted

1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (I used a tad bit more)

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese ( I used a little less)
 
 
Directions:
 
Preheat oven to 350-400 degrees. Season the fish with salt/ pepper/ garlic powder. Spread the onions & pepper in a 13x9 baking dish and place the fish on top.
Pour the butter on and then the Worcestershire sauce on the fish.
Bake for 12-18 minutes {or until cooked through}. Remove pan from oven & sprinkle the fish with the Parmesan cheese. 
Place bake in the oven for about 2-5 minutes or until cheese browns. 
Remove and serve with peppers & onions on top of fish.
 
I served rice and green beans with ours.
 
 
Step By Step:
What you will need

Season the fish. Spread the onions & pepper in a 13x9 baking dish and place the fish on top.
Pour the butter and then the Worcestershire sauce on the fish

Bake for 12-18 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven & sprinkle the fish with the Parmesan cheese. Place back in oven for about 2-5 minutes.
 


Serve

1 comment:

  1. Tilapia has to be one of my favorite fishes. You can really play around with the flavors, this recipes sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete