Monday, November 17, 2014

Sweet Turkey Meatloaf

I am a huge fan of Meatloaf, I always have been. My dad used to make a it growing up and to this day he still makes the best meatloaf I've ever had. I'm always on the search for different types of meatloaf and this one ranks in second place of my favorites that I've made. The pictures really don't do it justice.



Sweet Turkey Meatloaf

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound of ground turkey
  • 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
  • 1/4 Cup of Chopped Bell Pepper
  •  1/4 Cup of Ketchup
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup of oatmeal ( I used a few crushed crackers as well)
  • 1 can of tomato sauce ( I used a small can but you can use the 10oz can also)
  • 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar

  •  
    Directions:
     
    Stir your ground turkey, eggs, onion, oatmeal, ketchup, salt and pepper, ½ can of soup, and 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce -mix well.
    Put your meat into your loaf pan.
    In a separate bowl stir the brown sugar, 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, and a ½ can of soup, mix well and pour over top of meatloaf.
    Bake at 350-400 degrees for about 90 minutes or until done.
     
    *I made a little extra sauce/ glaze to put on top, right before serving*
     
    What you will need

     
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment