Thursday, October 2, 2014

Easy Mexican Bake

I made this recipe the other night and it was a hit, with everyone in the house. It was quick and easy to make really just about 6 steps, just what I like on a busy weeknight. And, to make it even better I had everything already, so no need to go to the grocery store. (I can't remember where exactly the orginal recipe came from so I will give you my version)




What You Need:

1lb-Ground Beef or Turkey-I used Turkey
2 Cups- Shredded Cheese-I used Colby/Monterrey Jack but you can use Cheddar also
1 pkg-Taco Seasoning ( I also added a little Garlic Powder)
1 can-Cream Of Chicken
6-6-Flour Tortillas
Optional Items:
1/4 cup or a little less of bell pepper/ onion (optional)
Sour Cream (optional)
Salsa (optional)
Oil (just a tad to brown meat)
Hand full of diced tomatoes/ or hand full of Rotel

Directions:

Preheat Oven to 350-400 Degrees
In a skillet over medium-high heat heat your oil and add your brown your ground beef/ turkey until cooked (if using ground beef drain, when crumbly & done). If using bell pepper/Onion add it in here and saute a little.
Stir in Taco Seasoning, Cream of Chicken, and 1 cup of cheese
Reduce Heat to low-(if using tomatoes add here) and simmer for about 2 minutes, stirring at about 1 minute
While that is simmering, spray a 8X8 inch baking dish with Pam.
Layer about half of the meat mixture across the bottom of the dish, spread out some tortillas over the top of the meat mixture (about 4, just play with it you want it to pretty much cover the meat)
Then add, the rest of the meat mixture.
Top with remaining tortillas (you want to cover the meat)
Finally, top this casserole with the remaining cup of cheese (I covered mine all the way with cheese)
Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove foil and cook another 5-15 minutes until bubbly and cheese is slightly brown.

Remove from over and serve-I served ours with Sour Cream and Salsa on the side




No comments:

Post a Comment