Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Spanish Okra

I saw this original recipe over on Kelly's Korner. And since my whole family loves Okra and we all love Rice I decided to give it a try. Let me tell you it did not disappoint. Now this is my version of the recipe, I tweaked the orginal recipe I saw online to fit my families taste. My daughters ate it all and actually got seconds, so I'd say it was a hit. It makes a perfect weeknight dinner. Let me add I don't know why this recipe has the word Spanish in it, but thats what its called. I'm calling it Southern Spanish Okra

Southern Spanish Okra


Ingredients:

1 lb ground chuck beef
1 cup chopped onion
2 cups sliced okra
1 can diced tomatoes ( I used the basil & organo it gives it flavor) or you can use 1 fresh tomatoe
1 can tomato sauce
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt / pepper and any additinal seasonings
Hot cooked white rice (we eat our rice sweet so after its cooked I add butter and sugar-to me this made it perfect)





Brown meat and onion in a large skillet, Drain (I also season my ground meat here just a little)




Add Okra



Cook 5 minutes constantly stirring it around

Add diced tomatoes and stir, then add the tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and salt & pepper (to taste)




Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until okra is tender. Serve over Rice



I served ours over sweet rice, and peas as the side!!

No comments:

Post a Comment