Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Hawaiian Meatloaf

I added this meatloaf a few times on my family blog but I think I have perfected it. Every time I make this I tweak it just to make it right-and this recipe below is exactly how I made it. This sweet Meatloaf is always a hit at my house. I try to include meatloaf into our weekly or biweekly dinners at least once. It's a perfect weeknight dinner or even a good Sunday dinner.





Ingredients:
1 pound Ground Turkey (you can use ground beef)
1 Cup Plain Bread Crumbs (use a little bit more than 1 cup)
1 Egg
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder (a pinch of salt/ pepper/ seasoning salt opt.)
1 teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
1/3 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Crushed Pineapples w/just a little bit of juice-put the other juice to the side for the glaze)

Glaze:
1/4 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Crushed Pineapples w/ a little juice

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350-400 degrees. In a medium/large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic powder & seasonings mix well and then add the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, brown sugar and crushed pineapples mix well and form into a loaf. Place in a lightly greased loaf pan and Cook for about 40-50 minutes until done.

Glaze: In a separate bowl combine ketchup, brown sugar and crushed pineapples. Stir and set aside.
Remove meatloaf from oven once it is cooked, and spread the glaze mixture onto the meatloaf. Put the meatloaf back in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Remove and EAT!!
This particular night I made Mac-N-Cheese and Green Beans as sides.



No comments:

Post a Comment