Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Easy Meat & Potatoes

I came up with this recipe a few months ago, and it was a huge hit at my house. I have added this into our weekly or at least biweekly dinners. Its fairly quick and easy to make.
I always find it hard to go back and write down the exacts of a recipe I've came up with so I try to be as persise as I can. But, with this one you can improvise by adding or taking away what your family does or doesn't eat. As you can with any recipe, I've found out.

 

So here is my version of Meat and Potatoes that feeds my family of 4:

Ingredients:

5-8 Red Potatoes (qty depends on how many people you are feeding); cut into 1/4's
*Note: I used these ready to cook/ heat potatoes that saved me time, but if not boil and soften your potatoes first or you will have to bake it for about 30 minutes longer*
12 oz=1 Package Eckrich Turkey Skinless Smoked Sausage-sliced
1/2 Onion sliced or chopped
1/2 Bell Pepper sliced or chopped
1-14oz can of Diced Tomatoes (Basil/Oregano)-If your not a fan of tomatoes use the smaller size
Pinch of Salt / Pepper and minced garlic ( this is optional but I ALWAYS season any food I cook)

This is really all you need for this dish, notice the potatoes you just have to warm them in the microwave, remove and cut them up to add to your dish. They saved me a ton of time.

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350-400 degrees
In a medium/ large skillet add a little bit of oil and sautee your sliced onions and bell pepper just a little, then add in your Sliced Sausage (optional, you can just add the sausage without heating them in the skillet, but I found this gives it more flavor)
In a baking dish add your soften potatoes, sausage, onion/ pepper mixture and then pour the whole can of diced tomatoes over it all, then season to your taste mixing a little.

Then cover with foil, tightly and bake for about 45 minutes-you want to make sure that the potatoes are soft and that your meat is well browned. I checked on it about half way through cooking time to stir it up a little and to make sure it wasn't sticking.


I season mine before I add the diced tomatoes
This is what it looks like about to go into the oven, just cover it with foil

Meat & Potatoes

This was really good and you really can't go wrong with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment