Thursday, October 23, 2014

Turkey BBQ Joes

I saw a similar recipe over at Mix and Match-Foodie Blog the other day and thought I could tweak it a little and make it my own. This was  huge hit at my house, and I actually really enjoyed the flavor in it. This is a great quick and easy meal to make during the week.


 
This is my version of BBQ Joes below.

Ingredients:

 Garlic Texas Toast ( 1 to 2 pieces per person)
1 pound of Ground Turkey
1 (14oz ) can of Diced Tomatoes (Garlic, Oregano, Basil flavored)
1 1/2 cups of BBQ Sauce ( I used Kraft Honey)
1 cup of Shredded Cheese ( I used Monterrey/ Cheddar)
 Salt/ Pepper/ Garlic Powder ( season ground turkey, season to your taste, I just used a pinch or two)

Directions:

In a large skillet cook your ground turkey, while it is browning season your meat with your seasonings. Reduce heat and stir in your diced tomatoes and BBQ Sauce. Simmer uncovered for about 8 to 10 minutes.

While that is simmering put your Garlic Toast in the oven, until toasted-remove from oven
Take your toasted Garlic Bread and spoon your Meat mixture over the top of your Bread and top with a little cheese and enjoy, we had spinach as a side.

*I didn't use Jaapenos as the orginal recipe did and I also used Ground Turkey instead of Ground Beef, so feel free to add the peppers and use ground beef if you like*


This is really all you need (left) and this is how the meat mixture looks (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment